- Peer Monitor Index: Q3 2016 Executive Report
by Thomson Reuters
Going forward, we’re pleased to send our readers the quarterly Peer Monitor Index (PMI) published by Thomson Reuters. In two pages, it succinctly presents a big picture overview of the market for BigLaw and MidLaw. Editor Mike Abbott finds good news for mid-size firms as many see strong growth in their litigation practices as client seek better service and added value. Here are few highlights:
- Transactional practices saw a mixed performance in the third quarter with a slight uptick in corporate work and a fall in real estate.
- Litigation is down overall, with MidLaw outperforming BigLaw.
- Patent prosecution has seen consistent growth throughout 2016.
- Labor and employment and bankruptcy are down year-to-date.